2 of 2
Lamotte’s Restaurant
Posted: 23 July 2009 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
New Neighbor
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-05-24
mike&brandi; - 14 July 2009 03:13 AM

Thanks for all the replies...and that link. I passed that around at work yesterday and we were all searching for our favorite restaurants....it is something not quite shocking but sad to see how many violations some of them have.

I’m so glad people found the link helpful.  When a friend mentioned it to me, and I was so glad to see information like this is made public!  As a consumer, I can make a more informed decision about where my family eats.  Like they say...knowledge is power.

Posted: 23 July 2009 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Family Friend
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2005-07-04

I’ve lived in New Freedom for five years and ate at LaMottes once.  Won’t be missed.

The Harp & Fiddle is a bit of a shock but not much.  The wife and I REALLY enjoyed their Fish & Chips but at near $17-18 its not something a family could afford on a regular basis.  Also noticed some problems with the way the place was organized.  in the three times we’ve eaten there we made reservations twice.  Both times we showed up they had no reservation listed… and we weren’t the only ones.  We noticed people a few groups while we were there that had the same problem.

Posted: 14 September 2009 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Family Friend
RankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2009-09-13

Just recently noticed that Lamottes had closed....i looked on the Dept of Agricultures site and could not find any info/violations on the restaraunt.  Anyone know of a link that still has a list of all the violations they incurred.  I ate there several times last year and i would like to see what happened.

Posted: 14 September 2009 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Immediate Family
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1607
Joined  2005-07-12
Concerned Citizen - 14 September 2009 07:59 PM

Just recently noticed that Lamottes had closed....i looked on the Dept of Agricultures site and could not find any info/violations on the restaraunt.  Anyone know of a link that still has a list of all the violations they incurred.  I ate there several times last year and i would like to see what happened.

Look on page 1 of this thread...the link is there...State Inspector Closes Lamottes

Posted: 14 September 2009 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Family Friend
RankRank
Joined  2009-09-13
Marge - 14 September 2009 08:29 PM

Look on page 1 of this thread...the link is there...State Inspector Closes Lamottes

That link does not work either..............message appears when link is clicked (Thank you for visiting York Daily Record/Sunday News. We are sorry the article that you requested is no longer available. Please search for this article in our archive search).

Posted: 14 September 2009 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Immediate Family
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1607
Joined  2005-07-12
Concerned Citizen - 14 September 2009 08:42 PM

That link does not work either..............message appears when link is clicked (Thank you for visiting York Daily Record/Sunday News. We are sorry the article that you requested is no longer available. Please search for this article in our archive search).

It is in the archives here:  http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=YK&p_theme=yk&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&s_dispstring=allfields(Lamotte’s) AND date(7/15/2009 to 7/15/2009)&p;_field_date-0=YMD_date&p;_params_date-0=date:B,E&p;_text_date-0=7/15/2009 to 7/15/2009)&p;_field_advanced-0=&p;_text_advanced-0=("Lamotte’s")&xcal_numdocs=20&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

It’s weird...I checked the PA Agriculture Dept website and for some reason Lamotte’s isn’t there.  In July, all the violations were listed and the site does have inspections listed that are older than the one at Lamotte’s.

You’ll have to copy and paste the above link—only a portion is underlined.

Posted: 14 September 2009 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Family Friend
RankRank
Joined  2009-09-13
Marge - 14 September 2009 08:46 PM
Concerned Citizen - 14 September 2009 08:42 PM

It is in the archives here:  http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=YK&p_theme=yk&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&s_dispstring=allfields(Lamotte’s) AND date(7/15/2009 to 7/15/2009)&p;_field_date-0=YMD_date&p;_params_date-0=date:B,E&p;_text_date-0=7/15/2009 to 7/15/2009)&p;_field_advanced-0=&p;_text_advanced-0=("Lamotte’s")&xcal_numdocs=20&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

It’s weird...I checked the PA Agriculture Dept website and for some reason Lamotte’s isn’t there.  In July, all the violations were listed and the site does have inspections listed that are older than the one at Lamotte’s.

You’ll have to copy and paste the above link—only a portion is underlined.

Thank You

Posted: 03 November 2009 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Extended Family
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2008-02-05

I was sad to hear this, i havent been in a while. But when I was there I loved their food.
as far as the building needing renov. I loved the feeling in there.

Signature 

wrinkles are only creases where smiles have been!!
:coolsmile:

2 of 2