New 4-Way Stop @ Tolna/Church St
Posted: 10 August 2011 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Immediate Family
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  706
Joined  2004-12-15

Didn’t really realize they were doing this, but I think it’s a good idea.  What I don’t think is a good idea is slapping it up with nothing more than a triangular sign and a light that doesn’t blink to let everyone know it’s a new 4-way stop.  And spray painting STOP and the line on the road is very professional as well.  Nicely done Shrewsbury :(

Posted: 19 August 2011 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Immediate Family
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  634
Joined  2004-12-15

That intersection needed that. I am sure the spray paint STOP on the roads is temporary.

Posted: 24 August 2011 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Immediate Family
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2004-12-15

I agree with Ship of Fools on the spray painting.  I went through there for the first time in a few weeks the other day and I almost ran it.  there is no warning until you are on top of it.  And, I am sorry but, in my opinion, it is not needed there.  I drive through there all the time and I have never had a problem.  It’s really stupid to have the two stop signs so close together.

Signature 

http://www.angelacreshorsehavenrescue.com/index.html - Please help to save a horse from slaughter!

Posted: 25 August 2011 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Immediate Family
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  706
Joined  2004-12-15
velvetstevie - 24 August 2011 02:17 PM

I agree with Ship of Fools on the spray painting.  I went through there for the first time in a few weeks the other day and I almost ran it.  there is no warning until you are on top of it.  And, I am sorry but, in my opinion, it is not needed there.  I drive through there all the time and I have never had a problem.  It’s really stupid to have the two stop signs so close together.

Seems they agree, since this week they removed the ones @ Crosswind, again with not much notification, so people are still stopping, even though there is no stop sign.  Poorly executed all the way around :(

Posted: 25 August 2011 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Immediate Family
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2004-12-15
Ship of Fools - 25 August 2011 09:12 AM
velvetstevie - 24 August 2011 02:17 PM

Seems they agree, since this week they removed the ones @ Crosswind, again with not much notification, so people are still stopping, even though there is no stop sign.  Poorly executed all the way around :(

Agreed!

Signature 

http://www.angelacreshorsehavenrescue.com/index.html - Please help to save a horse from slaughter!

Posted: 07 November 2011 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Immediate Family
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  634
Joined  2004-12-15
jmkas - 19 August 2011 09:59 PM

That intersection needed that. I am sure the spray paint STOP on the roads is temporary.

Hate to say it, but I appear to be right, certainly not in the manner I had imagined though. The painted STOP and the lines on the road have all but faded away with no permanent replacement! Hahaha